POETRY • FICTION • NONFICTION • FLASH FICTION
Click “More” below for details and guidelines.
POETRY • FICTION • FLASH FICTION • NONFICTION
$4,000 IN AWARDS + PUBLICATION (in print and online)
Deadline Extended to January 31, 2019. This deadline is final and will not be extended.
- First Place in each category receives a $1000 cash prize, a certificate to document the success, publication online and in print, in New Millennium Writings, and two complimentary copies.
- Select Finalists, and all Poetry Finalists, will be published in New Millennium Writings and receive two complimentary copies.
- No restrictions on style or subject matter.
- Entrant retains copyright ownership of work.
- Multiple and simultaneous submissions welcome.
- Previously published works accepted if: Print circulation was under 5,000, or the work was published online only.
- Fiction - 6,000 words or less
- Nonfiction (all types welcome) - 6,000 words or less
- Flash Fiction (aka: Short-Short Fiction) - 1,000 words or less
- Poetry - each entry may include three poems, up to five pages total.
- Anonymous Judging: Submission file should contain only the title and text of the story, essay, poem(s). Cover letters are optional and may be uploaded separately.
- For mail/postal submissions click here for instructions.
- Submit your work (or postmark) by January 31, 2019. This deadline is final and will not be extended.
ENTRY FEES AND MULTIPLE ENTRY SUPPORT
For any category or combination of categories:
- 1 Entry - $20
- 2 Entries - $35 (reg $40)
- 3 Entries - $45 (reg $60)
- 4 Entries - $60 (reg $80)
- 5 Entries - $75 (reg $100)
Note: Poetry may include up to three poems per Entry.
*NMW’s Stress-Free Guarantee ensures fair and equal judging of all entries. In the unlikely event we are unable to judge your entry, we’ll contact you for resolution. If resolution is impossible or an entry is ineligible, a full refund is given.
“NMW allows writers to explore themes in any way they choose.”
“Fiction, poetry and nonfiction that will feed your soul”
“You were my first publication ever. I will never forget that, it kept me going for a long time…”
—Susan Tepper, Pulitzer Prize Nominee
“I cannot overestimate the immense value of winning the NMW award. I credit your magazine with giving me a second career as a writer.”
—J. L. Schneider (Award-winning author and two-time Pushcart Prize Nominee, Schneider has now received 17 First Place awards from a variety of publications.)
“Highly recommended. NMW is one of our favorite journals.”
—Winning Writers, winningwriters.com
“By the way, I really love NMW. The content is some of the most rockin’ awesome stuff that isn’t shy and crosses boundaries, pushes the envelope, winks at the nun – you know what I mean.”
—Shela Morrison, Gabriola Island, British Columbia