POETRY • FICTION • NONFICTION • FLASH FICTION
Now Accepting Submissions – Submit Now
POETRY • FICTION • FLASH FICTION • NONFICTION
$4,000 IN AWARDS + PUBLICATION (in print and online)
- First Place in each category receives a $1000 cash prize, a certificate to document the success, publication online and in print, in New Millennium Writings, and two complimentary copies.
- Select Finalists, and all Poetry Finalists, will be published in New Millennium Writings and receive two complimentary copies.
- No restrictions on style or subject matter.
- Entrant retains copyright ownership of work.
- Multiple and simultaneous submissions welcome.
- Previously published works accepted if: Print circulation was under 5,000, or the work was published online only.
- Fiction - 6,000 words or less
- Nonfiction (all types welcome) - 6,000 words or less
- Flash Fiction (aka: Short-Short Fiction) - 1,000 words or less
- Poetry - each entry may include three poems, up to five pages total.
- Anonymous Judging: Submission file should contain only the title and text of the story, essay, poem(s). Cover letters are optional and may be uploaded separately.
- For mail/postal submissions click here for instructions.
- Submit your work (or postmark) by June 30, 2018 deadline.
For any category or combination of categories:
- 1 Entry - $20
- 2 Entries - $35 (reg $40)
- 3 Entries - $45 (reg $60)
- 4 Entries - $60 (reg $80)
- 5 Entries - $75 (reg $100)
“NMW allows writers to explore themes in any way they choose.”
“Fiction, poetry and nonfiction that will feed your soul”
“You were my first publication ever. I will never forget that, it kept me going for a long time…”
—Susan Tepper, Pulitzer Prize Nominee
“I cannot overestimate the immense value of winning the NMW award. I credit your magazine with giving me a second career as a writer.”
—J. L. Schneider (Award-winning author and two-time Pushcart Prize Nominee, Schneider has now received 17 First Place awards from a variety of publications.)
“Highly recommended. NMW is one of our favorite journals.”
—Winning Writers, winningwriters.com
“By the way, I really love NMW. The content is some of the most rockin’ awesome stuff that isn’t shy and crosses boundaries, pushes the envelope, winks at the nun – you know what I mean.”
—Shela Morrison, Gabriola Island, British Columbia